House of Neighborly Service
Our Mission is to provide opportunities that encourage, educate, and empower the families of our Westside community.
Better Todays, Brighter Tomorrows.
We are a community where basic needs are met, where dreams and hopes are nurtured, and where neighborly support is a way of life.
Thinking ahead to the holidays? Shop our Wish List to provide a senior with a warm and happy holiday.
Each year the Valero Texas Open raises millions for charity.
The 2022 – 2023 Valero Champions fore Charity campaign is now underway. All donations to HNS will be matched 7%!
Lots of great things happening at HNS!
Volunteers needed to deliver senior meals Tuesday – Friday.
Please help us provide home-cooked meals to the seniors in our community.
LEARN MORE HERE
Thank you for joining us at ¡¡ Paz – Amor – Loteria !!
A Loteria Party to benefit House of Neighborly Service
on Saturday, October 8th, at Jaime’s Place
A wonderful time was had by ALL!
Thank you to our generous sponsors: FAMILIA: Becky Alvarez, Olivia Valdez, MAGNOLIA HOSPICE COMPANYVECINO: Jefferson BankCASITA: Lenna and Ed Baxter, Cavender Auto Group, Barbara Kyse
And thank you to all the donor of our great drawing prizes: Candlelight Pourhouse, Consuela, Barbara Kyse, Brenda Morales, Sandra Morales, Cruz Ortiz, Pulquieros, Rubio, Morgan's Wonderland, Alexis Rodriguez Photography, SA Aquarium, Mario Ruiz and Stephanie Palitos, DoSeum, Jefferson Bank, Selena Guipzot, San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio Zoo, Sea World, Witte Museum, Laura Zachry, Susan Albert
- For information about our Senior Health program, including senior lunches, click here.
- For information about our twice monthly food box distribution, click here.
- For information about our Community Health Worker service, click here.
- For information on how we help families, click here.
- WE ARE NOW ENROLLING for our Kid’s Place childcare program for children ages 14 months to 5 years, click here.
- For information about Peace Pals youth program for children ages 5 to 12, click here.
- To view our events calendar, click here.
- If you would like to volunteer, click here.
- For all media requests, click here.
- Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HNSToday/ for the most current information.
- If you would like to make a donation to support our services, please click here.
Building Hope Capital Campaign
Our building is over 90 years old. We are beginning to rehabilitate and expand our historic facilities and launch us into our next century of service.
LEARN MORE HERE - YOU CAN GET INVOLVED!
Click here to learn more and view our programs.
KSAT-12 video of HNS Senior Health program
We were on the KSAT-12 news! Click here to learn more!
“Having a safe place for my daughter to grow and learn and the compassionate support of HNS staff turned my life around”
“My child amazes me each day with the things she learns from school”
“It is not like other centers that I’ve attended that push us aside because we are elderly. Here, we are a community and in harmony and it feels like home.”
We focus on four key areas: Family Support, Child Development, Senior Health and Food Security