Join our dynamic and dedicated team! We are currently recruiting for the following internship positions:
Community Outreach Intern
June - August 2019 | 10-15 Hrs/Wk
The Community Outreach Intern will support our communication & fundraising efforts. Intern responsibilities include:
- Collect stories from our community and write drafts to be shared on our website, emails, social media, and quarterly newsletter.
- Help put together success stories as part of Board Report.
- Accompany Development Director at community outreach events.
- Assist with securing vendors for events
- Assist with event marketing, i.e. designing flyers, posting on social media, and calling families
- Strong writing skills and familiarity with digital marketing
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Event planning experience a plus
- Previous experience in a nonprofit a plus
This internship is a great fit for students of diverse programs such as Journalism, Communications, Business/Marketing , Social Work, or Sociology. At the end of your internship, you will have a better understanding of:
- The structure and functioning of a small, community-based nonprofit
- How to tell a compelling story to engage communities and inspire action
- How to plan and carry out community events, including event marketing and community outreach
- How different social programs operate
To apply: Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Community Outreach Intern."