Here for Good
Providing Opportunities for the Community
We have humbly served San Antonio’s Westside for over 100 years and will be here for hundreds more. Our purpose has never waivered: do good in our community.
Our Westside roots run deep. We are intimately connected to this community’s rich culture and history.
What today serves over a thousand neighbors annually began as a small Presbyterian mission in 1917.
Timeline of Key Events
- 1917 Presbyterian missionaries found HNS
- 1920 Establish the first kindergarten in the Westside
- 1929 Open doors to new building designed by Harvey P. Smith
- 1971 Incorporate as a 501(c)(3)
- 1990 Open Kid's Place Child Development & Treatment Center
- 2014 Establish a Senior Health Program to promote well-being for our elderly, low-income neighbors
- 2017 Celebrate a century of service
- 2018 Launch our Building Hope Capital Campaign to rehabilitate and expand our historic building
- 2019 Begin construction